Dr. Pornchai MongkhonvanitPresident
Dr. Pornchai Mongkhonvanit is internationally recognized as an expert on higher education strategies, emphasis on sustainable relationships between ‘University and Industry’ also the founder of Business University Forum of Thailand, a forum of Universities and Industries to collaborate and share expertise on research, training and technology exchange in various dimensions. Currently he is - Chair of Advisory Committee, Association of Universities of Asia and the Pacific (AUAP), President Emeritus of International Association of University Presidents (IAUP), the International Advisory Board (IAB) Member for the UNESCO Chair in Problem Based Learning in Engineering Education (UCPBL), hosted by Aalborg University, Denmark, as well as Vice President (2012-2016) and re-elected (2016) as a Member of the Administrative Board (2017-2021) of the International Association of Universities (IAU). He completed his MBA in Finance, Investment and Banking at University of Wisconsin-Madison and Graduate of School of Education-IEM, Harvard University. Some honors include - Honorary Doctoral Degree of Humanities, Philippines Women’s University; Honorary Professorship in Science and Technology, Autonomous University of Guadalajara; Honorary Doctoral degree, Angeles University in Philippines and distinguished Alumni Award, St. Gabriel’s College and Kasetsart University. As President of Siam University, he’s been awarded Knight Commander of the Most Admirable Order of the Direkgunabhorn by His Majesty the King Bhumibol Adulyadej for his long service to education.
10:00 AM [Case Study] Value Creation: Building a University-Industry Collaborative Innovation Centre
- Why are corporations building innovation centres with universities and the start-up ecosystem?
- What are the key issues when building such collaborative innovation models?
- Key lessons learnt from funding, building and operating innovation centres
- Redefining partnership strategies to gain greater flexibility in acquiring corporate and government funding
- How to bring technology relevance and market accessibility in a timely, sustainable fashion