PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOPS, Monday, 27th February, 2017
9:00 am - 11:30 am Workshop A: Academic Entrepreneurial Ecosystem - How Can an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Designed within a University Shape Students’ Future and Institutional BehaviorDr. Pierre Tapie - Founder PAXTER (Paris-Singapore)
- How can two case studies, involving a graduate school of engineering and a business school, both famous for their entrepreneurial ecosystems, inspire better practices?
- What type of comprehensive educational strategy can foster students’ willingness to actually create companies?
- Which are the components of an entrepreneurial ecosystem that can/could/should relevantly be built within a university?
- What are the main difficulties that have to be overcome in building these various elements?
- Is faculty a resource or a hurdle to the construction of an academic entrepreneurial ecosystem?
- How to work on student job-seeking projection to become an entrepreneur factory?
- How executive education can be concerned by entrepreneurial academic ecosystem?
- What type of results can be expected for an effective academic ecosystem?
- How can stakeholders’ involvement be used as a leverage tool for accelerating the entrepreneurial performance of the university?
Dr. Pierre TapieFounder
12:00 pm - 2:30 pm Workshop B: How to Raise Funds for your Innovation Centre from Corporations, Government and Investors
Hosting an innovation centre is a great way to bring together investors, students, faculty, entrepreneurs and community business executives. It’s an important piece of the equation that creates the key connections needed for building a vibrant innovation ecosystem. In this hands-on workshop, Viktor will show and guide you through what it takes to put together an innovation centre project. He will share his experiences from his wins, having raised tens of million dollars in his 25 year long career. This when done right, opens up tremendous opportunities for new sources of investment, licensing and involvement with your research enterprise.
3:00 pm - 12:00 pm Workshop C: : Mastering Industry-University Partnership Strategies : the Rich and Diversified Lessons of the Two-Century-Old “Grandes Ecoles” ExperienceDr. Pierre Tapie - Founder PAXTER (Paris-Singapore)
- How to build a comprehensive overview of the multifaceted relationship between industry and university How to design pedagogical tracks instrumental in building relations between industry and university?
- How to empower students as university ambassadors to economic partners?
- Can entrepreneurial ecosystem accelerate relations between industry and university?
- How can research policy help accelerate, or not, relations between industry and university? Pull and Push approaches
- Can institutional governance contribute to fostering partnerships between university and industry? How?
- What are the best public governance practices as a leverage tool for developing relations between industry and university?
- How can Executive Education be a leverage agent for accelerating industry-university partnerships?
- Can international development or co-development create opportunities to reinforce industry-university partnerships?
Dr. Pierre TapieFounder